Wednesday, September 25, 2013

We can do this: ZIPPERS AND MORE!

The day after the NYC trip, I had a sewing class with the same person that organized the trip! Full weekend indeed. I did my FIRST: zipper, reversible bag, and first time using any type of interfacing. :-).

 My zipper foot.
 Pinned zipper, lining (interfacing already in).
 Yippie!
 I pre-washed it.
 Success for all!
 All the lovely bags!
I forgot to mention: I forgot to sew the lining in. Showed the instructor. The way she resolved it was I had to sew one side using the machine and slip stitch the other side. Thankfully, I learned how to hand sew as a little/big girl. :-). Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Zippers are a bit of a fiddle. I tend to avoid standard zippers if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zippers are so easy when a zippered item is sewn in the proper order. (As in, do A before B etc.) I'm glad you had a good time in the class. Your zippered bag is the most cheerfully coloured one in the class. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for visiting WANNASEW. I will post your comment very shortly! Please come back again and visit. :-)