I recently reviewed it on Amazon.com. Here's the link:
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Nice: Easy with sewing experience,
April 9, 2013
This review is from: Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes: 15 Unstructured Designs That Fit and Flatter Every Shape, and Are Simplicity Itself to Make (Paperback)I received a demo copy a few weeks ago.I reviewed the book, patterns and the DVD.
1) Most of the sewing will be straight seams.
3) CD has measurements in UK and US measurements (a huge plus).
4) I like the fact that the pattern pieces are shown laid out which is very beneficial to beginners.
5) Separate chapter on the various pockets and how to sew them
6) Separate chapter on sewing techniques
7) Pictures average sized (not too small). I tend to like larger pictures just to make sure, but that's me. :-)
8) I love the fact that the clothes look comfortable, designed for all sizes (especially us plus sizes-YIPPIE)!
Someone mentioned my first one, but for number 1
1) Too many pattern pieces and may be overwhelming for a beginner. One would need some sewing experience.
The least pattern pieces I found with one outfit was 4, the most pattern pieces to one pattern was 20.
2) A couple of patterns say one number (example: one says 15, but it's really more pieces because you have to use a piece more than once).
Concluding, I'd probably start with patterns that have less pieces and work my way up. Since I'm still a beginner, I'd probably practice some of the stitches that are needed in the garment (which the author lets you know upfront).
The book (as mentioned) is very well priced considering it also includes a DVD. Thanks St. Martin's Press. :-)