Next Sip and Stitch: Crafty Entrepreneurs: From Hobby to Business
Join us Friday, March 16 from 6:30-8:30pm for our next Sip and Stitch event, Crafty Entrepreneurs: From Hobby to Business. We’ll be featuring several regional artists and entrepreneurs who have taken a craft they love and made it into a full time business or a side income. If you’ve ever dreamed of doing this yourself (or are just curious!), this is a great opportunity to hear personal stories, successes, challenges, and tips from those who have been down the road before. There will be plenty of time for questions and informal discussion following the presentation. Speakers include:
- Allison Lince-Bentley, co-founder DC Threads Sewing Lounge and the owner of the Bits of Thread Sewing Studio
- Anne Smyers, owner of House to Home One-Day Redecorating, assists clients in making living spaces more beautiful, comfortable and functional using what they already own
- Evelyn Bandoh, writer, speaker, creative business strategist, trainer and coach through her business, EAB Creative Planning Services
- Holly Slayton, founder of Artikal Millinery, owns a studio in New York city where she keeps the art of hat making alive with her beautiful designs and engaging classes.
- Valerie Williams is the designer and owner of Holland Cox, a line of handcrafted fabric handbags and fashion accessories.